Sunday, December 6, 2009

Flake

I was off on Thursday, which meant that I started work at 11 p.m. on Wednesday and worked until 8 a.m. on Thursday, but did not go in Thursday at 11 p.m. How a day off plays out is: I have not slept, so I still need to go home and sleep, wake up in the evening, do some things, and then go back to bed for the night. Upon waking in the morning, I feel refreshed and accomplish some things, but still have to return to bed to sleep because I have to go into work Friday night at 11 p.m.
I slipped in supper with an old friend on Thursday. I had slept a few hours and was secure in knowing that I could return to sleep for the night after the outing. Yet I was still exhausted and she could tell. I was closing my eyes, not following the conversation, agreeing with what was said but not coming up with anything myself.
I was supposed to go out Friday but just couldn't. Even though I was refreshed from having slept Thursday night into Friday morning, I had work at 11 p.m. looming over me. If I went out Friday evening, I would have needed to rush so I could get to work on time, knowing that others were going to sleep while I was going to work for the night. I felt like a flake, again, for missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment