Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Introduction

Hi Everyone.
First post. Hope this is successful.
This blog is about my experiences with nursing- the good, bad, and craziness that you won't see on television.
I'm currently working nights at a nursing home. I just woke up and realized that it's Tuesday and I wrote up a bunch of lab requests for Tuesdays ordered on Mondays. We aren't computerized, so everything is written. I can't call up now and ask the evening nurse to change the dates from December 8, 15, 22, and 29 to 7, 14, 21, and 28 because she doesn't speak enough English to understand the instructions. I'll try calling later tonight and hope that the night shift nurse will understand. I'll be back at work tomorrow, but I don't want anyone seeing the wrong dates in the meantime. Nobody checks the lab book ever, but it would be just my luck that someone looks through it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment