Sunday, December 20, 2009

Perfect timing for my day off

I was off from work last night. It was great to sleep, especially because a snowstorm struck. The evening supervisor called me at 11 p.m. to come into work because so-and-so can't make it. I was asleep and didn't hear the phone ring. That's too bad. If others can't make it in, then how could I? I don't live around the corner. Second, the timing was quite rude. The shift starts at 11 p.m. I did not climb out of my warm bed, take a shower, get dressed, clear off my car, and then drive for who knows how long in the blizzard to reach work, very late and behind schedule.
I've gone in very late when called for the day shift, with the promise that I would be paid starting at 7 a.m. It never happened. Instead, I was chewed out by everyone from residents to aides and administration for being behind schedule. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment