Tuesday, January 26, 2010

iPhone app for medications

I recently got an iPhone. I wasn't sure about my capabilities with the thousands of offerings because the last electronic invention that I mastered was the VCR. I have yet to master a standard cell phone. But I took the plunge and ordered the iPhone. I figured that I could stay in touch with people more. The current night schedule wreaks havoc on the personal schedule and offers little down time to make a quick phone call. Even if I did have a break, not many people are up at 3:00 a.m., receptive to a social chat.
The work-related reason that I wanted an iPhone was for access to information about medications. Today I found an app for Medscape and it seems to offer what I need- drug information, contraindications, and side effects. And it was free! I previously mentioned Medscape.com for the continuing ed. Let's hope that their iPhone app proves to be quite useful also.

No comments:

Post a Comment