Friday, March 12, 2010

Job duties optional

More problems with a particular aide.

She doesn't take care of the residents well. Leaves siderails down, bed sky high, diapers on the floor, call bells looped onto the wall, etc. Denies everything, rolls her eyes, sighs, disappears. States she doesn't have to listen to me, I can do it myself, stop checking on her.

I had written her up last month. The behaviors continued. Doomsday supervisor told me that I couldn't write her up again because she would call it harassment; furthermore, it was pointless because they fired her a few years ago, she fought it, and won.

Last night, she kept hiding the call bells. Again, denied it, even when showed her work. A resident must never be left without the call bell because they can't seek help if they have a problem. They may try to get up by themselves and fall, or will report it in the morning to administration. I told Doomsday. The aide blew up when Doomsday spoke to her. Doomsday told me to write it up.

Later, at home, Doomsday called me and said that the aide was still in facility, bawling her eyes out, that we are harassing her, and that she has already filed complaints with the facility and the union.

What amazes me is that she is so damn brazen. She does a terrible job. I don't think that anyone would say otherwise. Yet she pursues this formally, as if she does a great job.

I don't know how this is going to go. I didn't "stay under the radar," as Doomsday tells me each night. According to her, corporate doesn't like me and she's the only reason why I'm not fired. I don't know if this is true. I do know that the Director of Nursing doesn't know me well, only speaks to me when there's a problem, and considers issues to be "cat fights" caused by female jealousy.

I guess it's a rite of passage to have to fight for a write-up, but administration has never had my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment