Friday, April 23, 2010

New planet

I've moved and feel very out of place. It doesn't help that I've been off from work only two nights since moving. I was off last night. I fell asleep for a recharging nap around noon yesterday and ended up sleeping until 4 a.m. this morning. I was really tired.

Happy Earth Day.

I recycle at work. Nobody else does. There are no recycling bins, so this is solely an individual effort. I found it silly to recycle at home, while throwing out cans and boxes at work. Some people understand the concept, but don't recycle; most don't understand and throw out my box of cans. Comments have included:

"Why do you recycle garbage?"
"How much do they pay you?"
"What do you mean, recycle? I've never heard of it."
"You can't recycle that paper bag. It has a tear in it."

They aren't seeking information to become educated and better the planet. They are seeking to highlight the differences between them and me, as if their ignorance is the proper way. It's quite tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment