Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Switcheroo

There are a few official romantic couples in the workplace.  One is a triangle, which I did not know about.  Nobody told me, though I tend to be left out of the loop.

Anyway, the current coupling arrangement told me about the situation.  "Chris" and "Bonnie" were married but getting divorced when "Dina" got together with Chris.  Oh.  I see.  "Everyone thought that I broke them up, but that's not true," Dina adamantly told me.  "WE were not together until the divorce was final.  Everyone says that Chris was going back and forth, but he wasn't."

I looked at Chris, smiling and shaking his head.  "Liar," I thought.  I bet that if Bonnie and Dina compared notes honestly, there would be grave disappointments.

According to Chris, this whole fiasco is why so many people dislike him and Dina.

So I mentioned my newly discovered news to some people.  I guess that makes me a bit of a gossip myself.  Everyone I talked to knew and added that Chris was indeed sleeping with both women at the same time.  As if they were present and could know this.  They also referred to Dina as a "homewrecker."  As if Chris is not also a homewrecker.

Bonnie has not remarried and is walking around plumply pregnant. I did not dare ask.

Chris is a little too huggy (is that a word?) for my tastes.  He'll even say, "Let's try that again, but with meaning," after the first hug.  Something tells me that Dina is not his last stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment