Friday, August 3, 2012

Giving a shower to a cat

A patient clawed me.  On my arm.  Could have been worse, like on my face or in my eyes.

It will heal.

Management's response:  "You shouldn't go near the patients."

Bedside care has officially ended?  Now can I telecommute?

The other response:  "Why don't you keep her nails short?"

See above response- I should not go near the patients.  Manic, violent patients don't take well to having manicures or any personal hygiene performed on them.  Have you ever tried to give a shower to a cat?  Same idea.  Also, this patient is violently out of control because she does not take her medication and you can't force a patient to take medication if they refuse.  Same rule applies to the nail cutting, so that is why she can run around with dagger nails, clawing people.

2 comments:

  1. We're always telling these docs that they would make a fortune inventing Ativan spray.

    ReplyDelete