Sunday, August 5, 2012

I highly recommend . . .


A night nurse asked me for a letter of recommendation for a job she's applying for.

Problem is, she's not very good.

On second thought, why is this a problem for me?  If she wants to quit, or in other words, get out of my hair, I should be happy that I have a legitimate way to help her [get] out.

Unbeknownst to me, she asked another nurse for a recommendation as well.  I happened to see the letter on a desk.  I was quite impressed that this other nurse had found some good, though non-specific things, to write.  I scanned through it for some ideas.

The other nurse saw me.  I complemented the letter.  "Well, I had to leave out some things, you know, like about how crazy she is," the other nurse explained.

How true.  There are patients who are more stable than this nurse.

I can write this letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment