Friday, November 9, 2012

Missing the Drama from the Baby Mama


One person called me from work during my vacation.

We'll call him Steve.  He is an attendant.

I don't know what Steve wants.  He wants sex, right?  All men do.  He asked me out for drinks a few times. I had the sense to decline.  He seems nice, but I don't trust him, and you have to trust your instincts.

For the past month or so, he has delivered coffee to me on whatever ward I was working.  One of these deliveries attracted the attention of another nurse.

"What is going on with THAT?" she inquired of me.

"Nothing.  He just brought me coffee because I didn't have any."

She told me what I was already feeling- Don't trust him.  She said that he used to date an attendant and she had his baby about four years ago.  She still works there.

This bothered me.  I don't know Steve's story with this woman, and I really don't care.  Yet I feel odd that he openly shows me niceness in this snake pit where most other people are openly hostile towards me, and all the while his former lover and Baby Mama is either seeing it for herself or hearing about it through the grapevine.  She has said nothing to me.

I am waiting for her to do something.

Steve is from the same tribe as the supervisors and he hangs out in the offices a lot.  I feel like he is acting like a double agent, trying to befriend me in order to report back to them.  Paranoid?  He has never asked me anything about the job or asked me to give him special treatment.

I am suspicious because he is being nice.  That is what this place has done to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment