Friday, October 4, 2013

Student loans: still paying

I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go.

Nursing was not my first career.  I had student loans from prior education before acquiring more from nursing school.  It occurred to me recently that if I had stayed working and not gone back to school, I would be debt free now.  Instead I am looking at another twenty years of payments.

I shouldn't be too hard on myself.  One of the primary reasons for returning to school was because I could not find gainful employment.  I would be debt free today only if I had been able to pay the outlandish monthly loan payments- which I could not years ago.

Ironically, I am only able to (barely) pay all the loans today because of my nursing job, and I cannot wait to be free of the loans so that I can find other work that may pay less but be more suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment