Saturday, August 30, 2014

Boobs versus Brains


A woman works at the hospital.  I don't know her title or her job responsibilities.  We'll call her Kayla.  Kayla's desk is in a series of offices near my ward.

Two things immediately strike me about her:
1- She has a voluptuous bosom that she props up with some kind of super bra so that her boobs almost touch her chin, with plunging necklines that have revealed areola more than once;
2- She hangs out on my ward most of the day.

Boobage aside, I asked her how she gets her work done when she is usually on my ward.  She said that she can get her work finished in ten minutes; "thirty tops."  I asked if she feared getting in trouble for never being at her desk.  "No," she replied brazenly, "Nobody can get me in trouble because I did all of my work."

I replied, "Some days I am so busy that I don't even get a chance to pee."

"I know," Kayla answered.  "That's because you are a nurse.  I would never be a nurse.  You don't even make as much as I do."

Kayla's statement finally made things click for me.  Nurses are expected to go, go, go to the detriment of their own health.  Any deviation from this non-stop routine is met with criticism about being uncaring.  Seriously, I don't get paid enough to put up with this.





No comments:

Post a Comment