Friday, September 26, 2014

Nobody said this was Fair

A representative from the nurses' union called me.

I no longer bother with the union because I find them ineffective.  Plus, they are supporting Nurse Fortune's thwarting of my in-house transfer.

I need to leave this place of employment as quickly as possible.  I've known that for quite some time.  I just can't find work anywhere else.

Union rep wanted me to grieve the transfer taken from me.  She confirmed that administration initially rescinded my transfer based on Nurse Fortune's complaint about the position not going to her.  Union rep said that the hospital dismissed Fortune's original complaint, and now she is in some kind of arbitration or mediation process, which could take over a year.  The hospital was going to wait for the outcome of that process before deciding to put me back into the new job, but Nurse Fortune declared that she would sue the hospital if I was given back the new job, regardless of the mediation.  So the hospital's legal counsel is involved now and said that the safest thing to do would be to not transfer me anywhere because it would prompt Nurse Fortune to sue.

There is no doubt in my mind that if I threatened to sue for having my new position taken away, the hospital would not only not give me the job, they would fire me.

I asked why administration was allowing Nurse Fortune to hold the hospital hostage to her jealousy.  The union rep said that Nurse Fortune is mean, nasty, vindictive, lazy, and should have been fired a long time ago.  The hospital thinks that firing her at this point would look like she was fired for protesting not getting the jobs she applied for, so they are going to hang onto her.

I said I wasn't interested in her opinion.  I can only look at acts, and in this situation, the union is supporting Nurse Fortune in blocking me from my new job.  I have been chastised and even given a poor evaluation for not pleasing Nurse Fortune.  Fortune's work performance is despicable, yet she is not written up or fired for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment