Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sick Day

I called in sick to avoid Nurse Fortune.

I feel nauseated just thinking of her and her non-stop tirades about stealing her job.

Another nurse gave me this plan.  He has just about depleted all of his paid time off, including sick time, in order to avoid working with certain nurses who land him in trouble every time.  He said that he sometimes gets a written warning about abusing sick time, but it is nothing compared to the problems he is blamed for when he works with certain nurses.

He received his annual review, predictably receiving the lowest scores possible on the subjective areas:


  • Gets along with others
  • Works as a member of the team
  • Demonstrates leadership


Even if he had perfect attendance, the scoring of the annual review would still be so low that he would not qualify for a raise.  I have not received my annual review yet.  I predict poor scores for myself as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment