Monday, September 1, 2014

The Victim

I caught Nurse Fortune talking about me!

I know she does it.  What she says within my earshot is bad, so I figured what she said behind my back was worse.  Part of me said to not bother with her, while the other part said, "This is going to be good."

So I put my ear next to the door of the break room and listened.

Nurse Fortune was telling two orderlies about her feelings towards me.  "She took my job.  It was a slap in the face.  Who the hell does she think she is, marching in here, not even been here more than a few years, taking a job from someone who is HER SENIOR.  She thinks she is so wonderful, stealing something from someone with a child to support.  Well, she has something coming to her.  When I'm slapped, I just don't fall down.  I slap back.  She thinks she won because the hospital dismissed my complaint.  Well, guess what.  I'm taking it to the next level, where she will learn what it feels like to be slapped in the face."

Her thinking is highly warped.  I applied for an in-house transfer, one of several, and got it.  It was then taken from me because Nurse Fortune was "upset" that she did not get any of the in-house transfers that she applied for.  It is so difficult working a ward with her.  Sure, the hospital denied her the new job when they appointed other nurses, but the hospital also gave into her demands by revoking the positions.  Why not give her all the positions she applied for and then let her abdicate all but one, and then fire her lazy, vindictive ass?  Don't tell me it's too much work to fire someone.  It's a lot of work to keep this volatile nurse hired.

Eventually one of the orderlies opened the door.  I walked in.  Nurse Fortune was startled, but quickly composed herself.  I looked at her, but she would not make eye contact with me.

I wish I could work this angle better.  I have done nothing on purpose to annoy Nurse Fortune; rather, I walk on eggshells around her.  Still she is incensed by my mere presence.  How can I push her over the edge?  Just a little nudge from my end should do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment