Sunday, November 30, 2014

Stay out of my Bubble

I was in my Thanksgiving Holiday Bubble when the hospital called continuously.  They were short-staffed.

When I want overtime, they won't give it.  I finally get a family day and predictably that is when the overtime is available.

I didn't answer the multitude of calls.  This is an ongoing issue since I've been at this place.  Holiday coverage is atrocious.  There are no repercussions for calling out on a holiday.  If you show up, you are stuck because the next shift calls out.

This problem persists holiday after holiday, year after year, with no remedy tried.  That is not how I deal with scheduling.  In the past, I would get caught up in their drama, getting stranded on a floor by myself because of call-outs.

Not this time.  I was in my bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment