Sunday, January 4, 2015

Depraved Part One

I worked the floor for the New Year's Holiday because they were so short they were willing to accept horrible me.  I could use the overtime pay.

The later shifts contains a whole other batch of weirdos and nasty people.  We'll discuss one of the orderlies who has been around for many years.  He always wants to talk at me.  Not to me or with me, but at me.  Doesn't shut up.  And prefaces it with, "Nurse, can you come see me, Nurse?  Cause I have something really important to tell you, Nurse.  Okay Nurse?  Nurse?"

Someone who repeatedly uses my name or title gives me the creeps.

I was glad to not work with this guy on my floor.  By the next shift, though, he was on the floor to work a double.  I was concluding my double and leaving.  The desk phone rang and I answered it.  Someone was whispering.  "Speak up!" I hollered back.

"It's me," the male voice said, just a tad higher.

"Who are you?" I shouted back.  I don't have time for these games.

He said his name and "Turn around.  I'm in the hall."  Sure enough, this idiot was sitting ten feet from the desk and calling me from his cell phone.

"What do you want?" I shouted to him from the desk.

"I have to talk to you, Nurse, okay?  Can you just come here, Nurse?"

I went to him.  He immediately started his soliloquy.  "Just to forewarn you, I've had truth serum, so I don't know what's going to come out of my mouth.  Do you know what I mean by 'truth serum?'  Alcohol.  I've been drinking all day, but that's okay, because it's a holiday.  I used to have such a crush on you, Nurse.  All the guys did.  You know why?  You're a goddess.  Look at you.  No makeup and you are just glowing in beauty.  And you are such a fine woman.  I love the way you treat the patients with respect.  But then I got mad at you because I thought you were mad at me.  You talked to some of the other guys who work here, when they are beneath you and not worthy of you.  This anger lasted a while, Nurse.  But then I realized that you weren't talking to them just to make me jealous and want you more.  You, Nurse, were talking to them in spite of their lowly status because that is the kind of person you are- kind, respectful of everyone, even though nobody is as wonderful as you.  Well, this made me want you even more because I realized that you not only have a gorgeous face and body, but you have an intellectual mind.  I don't see that in my women, yet here you are, with these two qualities so rarely seen together."

"I am not your woman, and the only relationship we have is Nurse and Orderly.  Good night to you, sir," I said firmly, and walked away.

He called after me,  "Nurse, wait.  Can you wait?  I have one more thing that I have to tell you, Nurse."

I turned to him and said, "The next nurse is here.  You can discuss your concerns about the patients with him."

"I am only staying tonight for the overtime.  I'm here to sleep.  I have no concerns about the patients.  I am trying to talk to you, Nurse, and you are walking away in the middle of our conversation."

I left.

This guy is so messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment