Monday, January 5, 2015

Depraved Part Two

This one takes the cake for two reasons.  First- the original attack.  Second- the follow-up.

One of the orderlies who works nights is younger and accomplishes next to nothing, which seems to be his lifetime goal.  Like many people, he would stare at me when I arrived on the floor, and continue staring while I went about my rounds and checks and other tasks to get started.

One morning, this orderly said to me, in full hearing of the patients who were awake, "You keep ignoring me.  When are we getting together so you can suck my dick, on your knees, like the whore that you are."

I wasn't paying a lot of attention to him and at first thought he was singing the lyrics to a song piping through the bluetooth device that seems permanently attached to his ear.  I looked at him.

"You heard me, bitch.  I see you come in here every morning, walking around like you're too good for me, thinking you're better than me, when I know that all you want is my juicy dick in your mouth."

I was pissed.  "Don't you ever speak to me again!" I screamed at him and walked the other way.

He called after me, loudly.  "That's what everyone says, so don't even try to deny it."

When stuff like this happens, I have nobody to turn to in authority.  The offender will have "evidence" that I have been trying to seduce him for months [as evidenced by ignoring and avoiding him], and he will produce witnesses who will swear that I have been pursuing him.  I told a few nurses who are on my side, but that was the extent I could do.

I avoided doing rounds in a hallway if he was still in the hallway.

He wasn't going to let this go.  He reported to his supervisor at night and my evil supervisor for the day shift that I am very unprofessional to him:  I ignore him, even when he greets me; I ignore him when he comes to me about patient concerns; and I never do rounds at the beginning of my shift.

The nerve.

So I turned it around a bit:  His concerns about the patients are to be addressed to his night nurse, not saved for me.  Nurses receive nurse-to-nurse report, not orderly-to-nurse report.  "Your night nurse is your direct report, not me.  You can't go over her head to me.  You have told me on many occasions that you are not relieved on time by the next shift, but I have no power to enforce when the next orderlies arrive.  I advised you to go to your night nurse and then your night supervisor, and not take your frustration out on me."

I turned to the supervisors.  "Has he raised this issue that he is not relieved on time with you?  It's true that he is still down a hallway at least 20 minutes into the day shift.  This needs to be addressed, but I don't have the authority."

The day shift orderlies were pissed when they heard [from me] that this night shift orderly reported them for being late every day.  He ended up leaving before his shift was over, just to avoid the screaming matches hurled by the day shift.  "We're here!  Happy, brat?  Go.  Why are you still here?  You can leave.  You going to stay and then complain that we weren't here to relieve you?  Well, we're here so you can get the hell out.  It's our floor now."

Whenever he sees me, he glares at me, with hatred in his eyes.

Seriously?  This is my job?  Even though I'm working in an office now, I still have to dodge assholes who are irate because I wouldn't perform sex acts for them as they ordered me to.

3 comments:

  1. Check out my new Nursing humor blog and Instagram account if you like to laugh http://nurseswithoutfilters.tumblr.com/ I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What he said constitutes sexual harassment. Get thee to HR and report him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried reporting people. It doesn't work. The accused party claims that we have a relationship, or had one, even though there is no proof. In the end, it's all My Fault because that was the message I was sending to him. He's more delusional than most of the patients.

    ReplyDelete