Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Must increase Avoidance


"She feels insulted and offended, so you need to stay away from the wards," the nursing supervisor explained to me about one of the nurses whose start and end points are being insulted and offended.  "She feels that you are spying on her."

I have had it.  I really have.  I desperately need a new job.  "Because we are a paper-based entity, I have to physically deliver reports and documents on the wards," I tried explaining.  Fruitlessly.

"This is the second complaint in a row about you," supervisor emphasized.  She was right.  The day before, Nurse Fortune reported me for informing her about a patient's upcoming appointment.  "You can't tell her what to do," the supervisor admonished me.  I pointed out, to deaf ears, that my job is to inform wards of appointments, and what Nurse Fortune does with the information is up to her.  With the blessing of the supervisor, Nurse Fortune did not send her patient to a scheduled procedure to demonstrate that I am not in charge.  Yes, I explained this to the fuming doctor who ordered the procedure, but he has no power here either.

"You know, I have feelings and emotions, too," I said to the supervisor.  (Facts and published policies mean nothing here.)  "I am insulted and offended that another nurse would report me for doing my job and accuse me of spying on her."

"Well, see, I never knew about any of this," the supervisor bent a little.  "But you never reported your feelings, while she did, and she did it first and she is more upset, so just stay off the wards.  If something happens, you will get blamed."

I looked at her sternly.  "Nothing has happened, and I'm still being blamed and banned from doing my job."

"You still have to do your job," the supervisor said off-handedly as she walked away.

I really need a new job.  I would gladly stay in my little office all day and see nobody.  Better yet, let me work from home.  Impossible with this place- no computers.  Phonecalls, handwriting on paper, photocopying, and delivery.

7 comments:

  1. I like this story or experience. Hope you find a permanent niche that's comfortable soon. Please, keep posting.

    Patty, RN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this story or experience. Hope you find a permanent niche that's comfortable soon. Please, keep posting.

    Patty, RN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe one word of this entire blog, it's too ridiculous to be real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Email- that's what I resorted to after the Administrative Assistant kept saying I never gave her things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an upcoming email story. I distributed to a far and wide audience.

      Delete