Thursday, October 22, 2015

Going to the Top

I met with the director of the hospital.

I asked him for clarification about who is in charge of me and what my job title and duties are.

I told him about being banned from the wards by a shift supervisor at the bequest of another nurse and about being floated to cover Nurse Fortune's floor so she could go shopping.

He was annoyed.  He said, "You work in the office now.  You can go to the wards if you need to in order to carry out your job duties stemming from the office.  They can't float you to work the floor.  You got that job fair and square.  They only do this because you let them."

This made me feel better, stupid, and insecure all at the same time.  I carry no weight in this place.  Standing up to a supervisor will not make them stop.  They will come back at me harder.  I can't count on him to stick up for me.

I asked for my job description in writing.  He said, "You should have already received that."  I said I  had not.  He said he would look into it.

I didn't tell him that the union leader told me that I still had the same job title of floor nurse.  In case he follows through, I want to see which job description I get.


No comments:

Post a Comment