Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Inspiration: Keep Caring

The Patient Advocate approached me.  She is a nice lady.  She told me that a lot of patients miss procedures and appointments because they are not made aware of the schedule until the last minute, so they refuse.

I told her that when I worked on the wards, I would tell my patients in advance so they could at least let the idea sink in.

She said I should go to individual patients to let them know their schedules and encourage them to go.

I explained to her that I was told to stop going into patient care areas and interfering with the way things are done on the wards.

She shook her head.  "You are one of the best nurses here.  That is a shame.  You should do what you think is best for the patient.  It is not about the ego of other nurses."

I see where she is coming from.  But I have to protect myself first.

I am in a difficult spot.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. You have broadened my knowledge. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete