Tuesday, October 6, 2015

New Billing Forms for October



My supervisor, with the help of the "computer lady," sent me a file on the magic computer.

In case you have not heard, as of October 1, 2015, billing codes have been updated.  We now have over 68,000 codes to choose from.

The file was a new billing form, printable on paper because electronic billing is not our thing.

"But you can't use it," my supervisor cautioned me.  "There are misspellings."

I expected misspellings from this place.  "Why don't we just correct the misspellings on the file and then print it out?" I suggested.

The supervisor's suspicions of me multiplied on her face.  "You cannot take an official form and change it yourself!" she blurted, half angry, half afraid.

I went ahead and corrected the misspellings and then printed many copies.  The supervisor grabbed them when she saw the pile, quickly scanning the page.  "Where are the misspellings?" she gasped.

"I don't know," I answered.  "That is what printed when I told the computer to print."

She had me bring up the file on the computer screen.  "All gone," she observed, squinting.  "I wonder how the computer lady does all this."

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe there is a hospital this bad!?!?! These people are literally insane!!!

    ReplyDelete