Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Why Snail Mail is Slow

Multiple phonecalls came into my office that a package arrived in the mail.

This is unusual for two reasons:
---When people call the main number for me, nobody knows who I am.
---Mail for my office takes trips around the hospital for weeks before reaching me, if ever.

The package lay in a heap on a desk where the mail of the day had been deposited.  It was something I had mailed, or apparently tried unsuccessfully to mail, over two weeks ago.  I tried explaining this to the person at the desk.

"This is outgoing mail," I said.

"Yeah, it's for you," he replied.

"No, it is from me and to the company addressed in the middle of the package," I tried again.

"No, it is your mail.  You can take it," he answered.

I tossed it in an Outgoing Mail bin.  "Why did you do that?" he roared.

"I need that package to go out," I tried again.

"Well, it's just going to sit here until you come pick it up again.  It is addressed to you," he explained, annoyed.

"It's addressed from me," I said.

Then I walked away.  I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment