Sunday, December 27, 2015

Admission Ticket to Nowhere

My time in the quiet office ended.

I was summoned to the shift supervisor's office.

"You didn't admit anybody!" she accused.

"The census is full," I countered.

"Your job was to admit people and you did not," she continued, unfazed by my defense.

"Admit people where?  There is no where to admit them to," I continued.  Useless.

She told me to go work on one of the wards.  The same ward where the nurse works who accused me of spying on her, which got me banned from stepping foot on the wards.

I said, "That is not a good idea."

"Why not?" she snapped.  "You are a nurse, so you can work as one instead of sitting in an office all day, doing nothing."

"You assigned me to work in that office.  You also told me that I am not allowed on the wards," I said.

"Well, now I am telling you that you are allowed to go on the ward to work," she countered.

I left her office and found a doctor in the hallway.  He wrote me an "Excuse from Work" note.  I returned to the supervisor's office, handed her the note, and left the building.

I have never done this before.  I don't know what fallout there will be.

I think this is part of a big set-up.  I don't know where it is going, but the goal is to get rid of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment