Saturday, January 2, 2016

Stress and How to Relieve It (Hint: Quit)

One of the ladies who helps me in the Intake Office told me that the nurse I (unofficially) mentor, my "twin," has developed such a stressed appearance and manner in the two years that she has been working here. 

"I don't see her every day, so it's an obvious change to me," she explained.

She's right.  I can't see it because the change is gradual.  It's very stressful working the wards, putting up with nursing mis-managers.

I bumped into a social worker at a store.  (I need new yoga pants.)  She quit two months ago.  She looks great.  She said that the grass is greener on the other side.  "The only thing," she said, "Is that there isn't as much paid time off anywhere else."

I'm trying to find a new place to work.

Isn't it ironic that we work in a place where the main goal is to restore the mental health of patients?
 

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best in finding work where you feel supported. I have been reading your posts for a couple of months, your workplace sounds absolutely awful. I know you'll keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support.
      I'm always wondering if it's them or me.

      Delete