Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Not her Fault

One of the loud, lazy people who "works" in the same area as I do got into trouble.  From what I can observe, her job is to support one doctor who works once a week.  It's a forty hour position for one hour of work.  This woman openly does nothing all day, every day.

Well, someone did some kind of inspection or audit of her logs.  She was supposed to be cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments used by the doctor and keeping records.  This she did not do.

"So I got lazy," she yelled at an administrative person who came to see her.  "Someone should have done something about this."

After conferring with my immediate supervisor, the group spoke to me.  The group advised me that I should have intervened because I am a nurse.

"I'm not her supervisor," I tried.

"But a nurse is like a supervisor to employees who are not nurses," the group explained.

The lazy woman and I refuted this claim.  "Oh hell no, she ain't in charge of me!" the lazy woman roared.

Basically, this woman has nobody in charge of her.  While everyone is my boss, nobody is hers.  Sure I noticed, with jealousy, that she does nothing.  I wondered how I could get a job like hers.  I have to justify my existence hour by hour, while she just hangs out.  It is not possible that nobody else noticed that this woman is always screaming into her cell phone or missing entirely.

I don't know why this is suddenly an issue and why I'm being dragged into it.  Maybe they'll add her job onto my list of duties and then cite me for the absence of her records for the last several years.


1 comment:

  1. Well it has always been one of our duties to take the blame too. And of course we do it gladly. We are the ones who can take responsibility and for that we must be considered above their parents I guess.

    trauma nurse certification

    ReplyDelete