Monday, June 5, 2017

Minds Already Lost

On a breezy, sunny day, I walked through the parking lot, holding onto the hat on my head.

Inside, an employee asked me why I was holding my head outside, “As if your head would come off!” she laughed.

“My hat,” I explained.  “My hat would blow off my head.”

“Why would your hat blow away?” she asked, genuinely confused.

“Because of the wind,” I explained.  Did she just land on planet earth?

She did not understand.

The next day, an employee who was present for the above exchanged approached me.

“You know,” she said, “I was walking outside and it was windy.  I noticed that I put my hand on my head so that my wig would not blow off!”

I stared at her.

“I thought it was strange when I heard that you had your hand on your head because you thought your hat would blow away.  But now I realize that I do the same thing!”  She seemed quite proud of herself for connecting her reaction to a stimulus.


How could people have so little self awareness?

No comments:

Post a Comment